Short Films - Fiction
"The Frame" By Samvida Nanda
Made in FAMU, Prague, 2013
The Frame is also viewable on:
Gathered together for photographs over different occasions, the family finds it cannot leave the frame set by the photographer.
A short film about a family portrait.
This short film, is a series of 4 events, that show the evolution of relationships within the family dynamic. Observing key moments and occasions for a family, this homage to silent cinema, deals with the idea of being trapped in a situation. The film plays with the sound and set-design to create an image of society that places people into their roles today.
FAMU International Presents
A Mafia Production:
A Film by
Samvida Nanda, Osasu Igodan, Enrico Granato
Created entirely within a Photo Atelier at FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic, as part of the Summer Filmmaking Workshop 2013.
“The Frame”, was part of the Official selection for the ‘River to River Florence Indian Film Festival’ 2014,
It was also an official selection at the Destiny City Film Festival, in Tacoma, USA 2014.
Won the “7th Advantage Short Film Contest” by Pocket Films. 2014
• Screened on television show “Prime Talkies With PocketFilms” on 9th July 2015 at 9pm
on NDTV Profit Prime Channel followed by an interview with Nagesh Kukunoor and Samvida Nanda.
"2B or not 2B" By Samvida Nanda
Made in Srishti, Bangalore, 2011
2B not 2B is also viewable on:
LogLine: A man draws a double of himself into the animated world with a magic 2B pencil. But who is the double really? The one that is drawn? Or the one that drew him.
Direction: Samvida Nanda
Image, Camera: Shivani Kabra, Samvida Nanda
Animation: Mitalee Rawat, Samvida Nanda
Story and Script: Samvida Nanda
Editing: Samvida Nanda
Sound: Saurabh Levin, Samvida Nanda
I wanted to investigate the mix of mediums of film and animation to create layers within a story. Each form can represent a different state of reality. Where do these realities meet? Can a hat that a character draws in the animation, become his prop in the film? How do objects travel across mediums?
The result is a short fiction film about a man who discovers and (mis)uses a magic 2B pencil which links the animated world to his world. He ignores the words of caution spoken by his double (who he drew into the animated world). When events escalate to affect the girl he loves, he is confronted with a choice of relinquishing his new found power to his double, or to lose her forever. But is the double truly seeking to fix the wrongs? Or does he have another agenda of his own? Which world is within the other? Who is the double really? The one that is drawn? Or the one that Drew him.
My diploma project film “2B or not 2B” was:
· Presented at 66th Cannes Film Festival (or Festival de Cannes) at the Short Film Corner, 2013
· In Competition at the 10th Indian Film Festival Stuttgart, Germany, 2013
· Won the “5th Advantage India”, A Short Film Contest, 2012.
· Screened at the River to River, Florence Indian Film Festival 2012
· Won an Award of Excellence For The Indie Fest (May 2012) www.theindiefest.com
· Official selection for the Tacoma Film Festival, 2012, Seattle, USA.
· Screened at BYOFF 2012, in Puri, Orissa.
· Screened by Filmbooth at the First Cut Festival at India Habitat Centre on 14th July, 2012,
· Screened at the Bangalore Shorts Film Festival, 2012
· Selected for Miniboxoffice International Film Festival-2012
"Dog" By Julia Frumy and Samvida Nanda
Made in Srishti, Bangalore, 2010
LogLine: A lonely 40 year old man, adopts a stray dog , a companion who disturbs and compromises his social life. He attempts to control the dog who is possibly only a figment of his imagination, and the absurdity of the situation perpetuates.